Support for school children

Grisons School Psychology Service

What does the School Psychology Service do?

The School Psychology Service advises teachers and parents if a child has problems at school. Some children get poor grades and are struggling. Others are not sufficiently challenged and become bored at school. Some find it hard to concentrate or are restless in lessons. Or a child might not like going to school because of his or her peers.


The school psychologist will talk to the child and parents. He or she can also use tests to clarify matters. The school psychologist will then suggest the best way to help the child, based on the results.


The school psychologist may suggest a therapy, additional lessons, or even moving the child to a different type of school. Sometimes he or she may simply advise the teacher on how to better support and encourage the child.


The School Psychology Service has various regional offices in the canton of Grisons.