Support for school children

Help with problems

My child is not happy at school or needs help with specific problems

It is important that you talk to the kindergarten or school teacher about this, so that you can find a solution together. This may mean consulting a paediatrician, a psychologist, or a special needs teacher. If you are unable to agree with the teacher, then talk to the school head teacher. It may also be useful to talk to the local school authority.


It is important for children to get help if they have particular problems. Free support is available for a range of problems: if the child has speech problems a specialist speech therapist can help. A dyslexia specialist can help with problems reading and writing. A psychomotor specialist can help with movement problems and there are specialists available to provide support to students with special educational needs.